Quest 4.0 has finally been released, after a few months of beta testing.
QDK, the visual Quest editor, features a completely redesigned interface - it’s now easier and faster to edit your games, and the editing is handled within one main screen, so you’ll see less pop-up windows. Much of the internal code has been rewritten too, making QDK much more robust and reliable.
New features in Quest:
- verbs make it easier to set up custom commands
- you can now embed pictures, sounds etc. within your game file (using Quest Compiler)
- you can use more complex mathematical expressions within statements
- numeric variables are no longer forced to be integers, so you can use decimals and much larger numbers
- new Object Debugger gives you more power when debugging your game - when you're developing your game, you can change object properties and "jump" around it while it is in progress
- "select case" (switch) support
- MP3 support
- pictures are now displayed within the main text window
To find out more, to order Quest Pro or to download a trial version, please go to http://www.axeuk.com/quest
We hope you enjoy using the new version of Quest - please contact us via the “Contact Us” link on the website if you have any questions, suggestions or problems.